Thursday, March 02, 2006

It Doesn't Make Sense

Before you start thinking I have woman issues please note that my earlier post about the female mind was a passing comment about common perception. But since it was the only post so far that has had feedback I have put a little more thought into the topic.
Today at work I listened to my cubicle neighbour have several heated phone discussions with her boyfriend and at one point his mother. By "listened" I mean "tried to not listen". When I realized it was going to drag on for a while I put on some headphones and played the first album I could find on my harddrive. She explained that he was an unreasonable and abusive person and had made unkind remarks about her mother. Had she said the same about his mother she is sure he would have hit her.
After taking the headphones off sometime later she let me know that he had apologized for his remarks and everything was ok now. I was a little concerned for her but I know her enough to know she can look after herself.
It got me thinking though. Why do some women make apologies for their abusive and unworthy partners while others constantly complain about their relatively healthy relationships? Obviously it is not a black and white issue but sometimes it seems to me that women are more likely to deride an honorable man and vindicate a bastard.

3 Comments:

At 3/3/06 12:47 pm, Blogger Stephane Tardif said...

I totaly agree with you. I Just saw the same thing happen today at work. Went to see a coworker to realize she was crying. I asked her what was the problem to have her telling me that she had an argument - Again - with Mr. Boyfriend, about a really stupid thing but he was acting like a real Bastard, as he usualy does, and have been make her feel cheap for a few days now.... but that was not his fault... he had a bad day... he get alot of stress from work... He loves her, that the most important thing... He is not always like that !?!?!|?!? WTF ??? why do some women always forgives those guys and accept to be treated like that ?

I totally agree... There is not enough matter in the universe to store enough information to completely explain the workings of the female mind.

Interesting blog by the way

 
At 3/3/06 7:31 pm, Blogger d.i.y.d. said...

Thanks for the support keyframer.

Here's another doosy.. Why do women say they want a man who really understands them but then get suspicious of any guy who makes the effort to really understand their feelings.

I'm probably pushing the generalisations too far now. Time to move on to a safer topic methinks.

 
At 4/3/06 2:15 pm, Blogger Stephane Tardif said...

yeah, you're right on either statement...

lets move to a safer topic :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home