Saturday, March 04, 2006

School of Crock

Is it ever ok to sleep during a class?
...
What if you're the teacher?

I stayed up a tad too late last night chatting to a recently met but instantly close friend. Our chats are like a good book you can't put down. Anyway I definitely yawned way too much while teaching an all day technical class today. Yes, on a Saturday. Don't ask. I may have nodded off once or twice while sitting through a few short video presentations between lectures. I don't know if it is better or worse that I knew almost everyone there to varying degrees.

Apart from 80% the demo equipment not arriving in time it could still be considered a successful training day I think.

Now I have a note from one of my managers demanding written justification for the expense of traveling to Sydney and Melbourne to train the repair centre and the field teams. "Can't you just send them some disks?" Aye aye aye. The thing is I don't really care if they get trained, or how much. It is my job as head geek to deliver technical training when it is needed, not to fight for permission to deliver it.

I know technical people from pre-sales who travel weekly and beg for a break from traveling. Post-sales support is a bums game.

Teaching is the easy part of being a teacher.

1 Comments:

At 5/3/06 7:10 am, Blogger Javatia said...

Post-sales support leaves a lot to be desired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home