Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Food, Travel, Friendship and Introspection

Monday night dinner was potato mash and bacon:
"This tastes tangy. Did you put some vinegar in?"
"No but I did make it on Friday."
Yeah. That explains it. Also explains the moderate indigestion that lasted all night. My gut still ain't right. Bless her soul.

I will not be traveling at all this month to deliver training. Someone up my management chain is trying to meet some stupid cost target or something. Meanwhile a mate in sales called to let me know he will fly in from Sydney tomorrow to wipe a client's nose and we should get a beer after work

I may have hurt a friendship yesterday. I overstepped a line that a blind man could have seen. This friend is very gracious and I'm sure they won't make a big deal of it. All I can do is continue to be my true, sometimes clumsy, self. I should also slap myself whenever I catch myself trying too hard.
Future Blog: Trying Too Hard

Ask me one day about social filter theory. It's keeping me entertained thinking about examples of filters in action. I'm still working on an easy way to explain it though. I'm new to blogger but I haven't seen a way to post a long article outside the normal flow of entries. I suppose I could use my ISPs web space. hmmm....
Future Blog: The GB&U of Filters

2 Comments:

At 17/3/06 10:29 am, Blogger Javatia said...

Questions:

"I should also slap myself whenever I catch myself trying too hard."

1. So, did you slap yourself ?

"Future Blog: Trying Too Hard"

2. How far in the future is the future blog?

 
At 17/3/06 10:40 am, Blogger d.i.y.d. said...

Yes I actually did slap myself. I do plan to write a little something on the perils of trying to hard if I am able to collect my thoughts on it. I'm not having much luck so far though so it might be a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home