Saturday, March 25, 2006

Three Wishes

What do you really want? Really really?
Do you know why you do the things you do every day? Is what you do taking you closer to what you want? Are you on a path to achievement? Discovery? Reinvention? Liberty? Adventure? I find it hard to think about what I want without feeling selfish. I was raised to believe that those who truly serve others will want for nothing, that those who feed others before themselves will never be hungry. I am learning though, that to be part of such a utopian system I must be willing to allow others to serve me and be able to explain what I want to those who wish to serve me.

[enter magical genie, able to change anything in the universe to suit your wish]
1. I want to be able to understand and use all the subtleties of human communication expertly so I can better understand what I can do to make a positive difference in the lives of the people I care about.
2. I want to be able to take a prescient peek at the final outcome of some of life's heavier decisions. Call it 20/20 foresight. I'm sure it would be much more valuable than the hindsight version.
3. World peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home