Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Stepping Out of the Box

It just occured to me that I haven't posted anything particularly geeky. When I kicked off this blog I assumed that it would be mostly technology related stuff since that's what I deal with for most of my waking hours. All I can say is I guess there have been other things on my mind recently. I tend to go through cycles of interest in technology both at a hobby and work level and right now I am on a down cycle. I haven't even done any basic reading on the Intel Core architecture, EFI or the AMD socket S. I'm not even sure it's called Socket S. I also really need to dig into MCP study. My lack of experience with administering managed windows PCs is starting to hold me back at work with some of the rollout issues I am called in on. I don't think I am in a hurry to push myself back into the thick of it. It's more important that I take advantage of this break to build other parts of my life that have been neglected of late.
I have decided to take Robyn on a date very soon, this Friday I think. We have only had a handful of night's out alone over the last couple of years, partly because I am a home body at heart. Getting out of the house is an effort for me but nearly always worth it once I get off my arse and do it. I still haven't decided what to do yet. Maybe a walk through the botanical gardens or the new Roma St gardens. Some drinks at one of the quieter beer gardens. Maybe I'll surprise her with a trip to a karaoke spot. She loves singing in front of strangers and is pretty good at it too.
In general I have decided to get out of my comfort zone more and put a lot more effort into building the relationships that I have let slide recently, particularly with my family. For me this is more of a challenge than you would think but I think it is one of those things that will be easier once I have taken the first steps.

2 Comments:

At 28/3/06 5:26 pm, Blogger Javatia said...

My 2 cents worth...

"We have only had a handful of night's out alone over the last couple of years"

A handful! Aiks! What were you thinking! Of all the relationships to let slide, a marriage is not the one. Good to see you're doing something about it. Finally. :p

 
At 28/3/06 6:20 pm, Blogger d.i.y.d. said...

Spoken like a true unmarried person. :-)
The last couple of years being years 11 and 12 of our marriage we have become a little set in our ways and a little comfortable with daily living. Your point is however taken and yes my mariage is definately my most valued relationship and the first to get the focus of my new effort to extend myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home