Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Do as I say, not as I do

I have a really hard time doing as I'm told. Always have. I'm not the openly rebellious type. I'll take orders just fine. Following orders is more of a hit and miss thing for me. I shudder to think what would become of me if I were to be drafted to an armed force or something.

This disobedient streak extends beyond just authority figures though. I have realized that I seldom do what I want myself to do. Is that weird or what? I have managed to live with this shortcoming in a variety of ways. I don't plan ahead because I usually don't follow my own plans. If I must make plans I set aside an entire day to do the one thing even if that one thing will only take half an hour. Even then I may forget completely or just stubbornly refuse to do what I had planned.

hmm... It just occurred to me that it could be related to my memory. Often I just forget to do what I was told. Other times I just forget why I agreed or decided to do this thing. I have already forgotten why I started this blog entry but it looks like it is nearly done so I guess I'll finish it.

These days I am not exactly surrounded by authority figures. In fact my life is conspicuously absent of them. I think I may have subconsciously planned it that way to avoid inevitably disappointing them. The one authority in my life I do continue to disappoint regularly though is myself.

1 Comments:

At 14/6/06 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you started by saying some stuff that's really true, but then went into some philosophical crap the likes of which I would expect from the prophet Mahatma. Now, GET YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN! And, GET THOSE GUTTERS CLEANED OUT!! I don't care how dark it is when you get home from work, you said you'd do it a week ago! That's it. No sex until you've cleaned the gutters AND done this weeks job also, which is painting the entire house - inside and out. Oh yeah, the kids will need a bath when you've done that as well. After that, I might let you into bed with me for 15 or 20 minutes sleep before your alarm goes off to get back up for work. BUT only if you don't smell like you've been painting. Otherwise, you will just have to go back to work for the day and sleep the following night. Actually, you can't sleep then either becuase I've arranged a girls night out and you have to watch the kids. I told them they can all stay up really late with their dad cause it's school holidays. Don't worry about how tired you are, after all whose fault is it that you didn't do yer jobs on the weekend when you were supposed to??

Your loving wife, Robyn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home